Pages

Hi Everyone, my apologies for not posting for some time now, thank you for all the kind comments, I still haven't found the time for the past 7 years to add new posts ;-) ...one day I will be back......

09 April, 2010

Paracord accessories, tips and tricks

When making a paracord bracelet, lanyard etc' there are many accessories that could be added. I will try and gather a few of them here just to give different ideas and uses.

TIPS:
* If you get the paracord wet it will harden the cord and shrink it. Bad thing that could happen if your paracord bracelet is allready a bit tight on the wrist is, it will become too tight for your wrist and maybe uncomfortable. If your paracord bracelet is too big around your wrist dip it in water and it will shrink to some level.
One good thing: if you dip your monky's fist in water it will stiffen the paracord around
the center marble.

* There are many objects you can use as buttons, for example I used a plastic button from an old tracksuit. You just need to drill a hole in the center, slide in the paracord and fuse the end cord rounding it nicely with a wet finger.
The same thing could be done with metal button from your old jeans, I got one from my old Jeans (see photo).
Another old trick is using a penny, you just need to drill a hole in the center and you have a great DIY button.

Every one has old stuff laying around that could be used to upgrade your paracord creation into something cool.
If your bracelet plastic buckle breaks no panic here is one of many alternatives. In this images I made Loop+diamond knot.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly like your blog more than stormdrane's blog. his is amazing, but you have so many more diagrams and instruction. love it

FlamingFurnace said...

Thank you for your positive comment. Stormdrane's blog is very good and he is very talented with his paracord creations. Before I started this blog I was looking at many sites, blogs, videos etc' only some are well informative, I didn't find site that shows step by step guides (images) for every creation. youtube is great but some people prefer still images guide.
Anyway, happy you enjoy my blog I will create more guides soon.

Anonymous said...

what are the small metal clips shown in the second picture to the far bottom left

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Your paracord creations are phenomenal!! Outstanding attention to detail!! May I ask of some links of websites I can order some accessories?? Namely the curved plastic side clips, & the skull beads??? Thanks!!

FlamingFurnace said...

Hi capnklump, Thanks for your comment. You can get paracord accessoriess on ebay and :
Skulls:
http://www.fast-autos.net/diecast-cars-models/Pewter-Super-Mega-Skull-Bead-for-Paracord-knife-lanyard_160522134837.html

Clip/skulls:
http://cnprocutter.en.alibaba.com/product/332607256-0/Silver_Plated_Skull_and_Beads.html

Unknown said...

Hi, I would like to honor my friend who is a Viet Nam Vet by making him a survival bracelet or something similar. Can you tell if using the 3 colors (red,yellow & green)would create something too bulky to wear? I have some 2cm wide buckles.

Thanx for your time-

FlamingFurnace said...

HI davis, Thank you for your comment.I think your friend will appreciate a survival bracelet, it is a great gift. I made many of them for my friends and they are very happy with them. The "king cobra" stitch is a bit bulky and it takes awhile getting used to it on the wrist. The 2 color survival bracelet is very comfortable on the wrist if you have doubts ;-)

Dene said...

Hi, I just found your site and like your projects! Where do you find the "skull" accessories? Thanks

Anonymous said...

Hi, my sister had a parcord breast cancer bracelet whith a pink ribbon tied into it and I was wondering if there was anything else u could put in a paracord bracelet instead of the pink ribbon, like a black and yellow bracelet whith a little bat on it for batman or something like that.

Anonymous said...

Hi, my sister had a parcord breast cancer bracelet whith a pink ribbon tied into it and I was wondering if there was anything else u could put in a paracord bracelet instead of the pink ribbon, like a black and yellow bracelet whith a little bat on it for batman or something like that.

Anonymous said...

I READ SOMEWHERE ONLINE THAT YOU SHOULD BOIL YOUR PARACORD FIRST SO IT WON'T SHRINK. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Unknown said...

@Davis, another way to build the Vietnam Service Ribbon bracelet is by using the 'thin red line' pattern. Use the green and yellow for your base (I work the green to the outside to mimic the service ribbon) and work in the red line down the center, over the yellow. I made about 40 of them for a local veteran's group, and they were hugely popular.

Anonymous said...

Hi Friends,I found variety of Lanyards form WIZID_Australia. It’s unbelievable we can create our own lanyards online - printed, personalized or plain cheap lanyards and they provided bulk discounts, delivery Australia wide!Lanyards Australia

Unknown said...

Definitely,what a fantastic blog and enlightening posts,I definitely will bookmark your website.Best Regards! Cord Strapping

Sandstone Suppliers in India said...

Hello There,

this is really very nice blog and looking very nice. this blog is very helpfull for shopping .. we want come back on this blog...

Unknown said...

If your buckle breaks just put on a d-shackle way easier and it looks nicer

Unknown said...

Cutters
Or metal wire cutters

Anonymous said...

I really like the Printed Lanyards. I bought some lanyards from http://www.ezylanyards.com.au/ and It's really good. I bought http://www.ezylanyards.com.au/lanyards/woven-rope/ which is nice and look really pretty.